1. Chemical Name: Magnesium Citrate
2. Molecular Formula: 613.25192
3. Molecular Weight: C6H6O7.Mg
4. CAS: 144-23-0;(7779-25-1);153531-96-5
5. Character: White to off-white crystalline powder or granule. It's almost
inodorous.It slitly weathers in dry air. It's very soluble in hot
water and pH value of the solution is 6.0-7.0. It's almost
insoluble in ethanol.
6. Usages: It is used as buffering agent, dough conditioner, yeast food,
nutritional supplement, firming agent, antioxidant synergist,
antioxidant, fruit & vegetable color protecting agent and
Magnesium Citrate can be used as a dietary supplement and as a
nutrient. This product is known to be used in pharmaceuticals.
Magnesium plays a vital role in regulating the neuromuscular
activity of the heart, converts blood sugar to energy and is
necessary for proper calcium and Vitamin C metabolism.